STRIPPING TO REFINISH
1. Choose a standard paint stripper. Paint or stain and topcoat
can be removed with most methylene chloride-based
strippers, such as:
• Bix Quick Stripper™ • Bix Tuff Job™
• Savogran SuperStrip™ • Kutzit™
• Dad’s Easy Stripper™ • 3-M Safest Strip®
NOTE: If selecting other products to strip the stain, make sure to read warning against use on fiberglass.
2. Apply stripper to doorlite frames first. Remove the Stripper within 2–3 minutes. Follow the paint stripper manufacturer’s directions and cautions for use of the paint stripper. Use a clean rag to apply the stripper.
3. Apply stripper to the door. Work on small areas at a time. Follow the paint stripper manufacturer’s directions and cautions for correct use of the paint stripper.
4. Wash off remaining stripper. After the stain or paint has been removed, scrub the door with an all-purpose cleaner to completely remove any stripper residue. Rinse well and wipe dry.
Make sure door is completely clean and dry before refinishing.